Certification is open to clinicians who interpret bone densitometry examinations and includes physicians, certified nurse practitioners, certified physician assistants, fellows, residents, and PhD’s that are doing research in the field of bone densitometry.
Clinicians must be in good standing with their medical licensing board. Fellows/Residents must have their Program Director acknowledge their good standing in the Fellow/Resident program. Applicants are asked to download and review the CCD® Handbook.
Applying for the exam:
- All communication with candidate will be handled via e-mail only.
- The name on your application MUST match your ID.
- The application MUST be complete with registration fee and if you are a Resident or a Fellow, a signature from the candidate’s director.
- The candidate will also be required to read the following statements and agreements in full and digitally sign their agreement to all statements listed within the document.
- Once the candidate’s application has been reviewed and accepted, candidates will be sent an eligibility confirmation through email from PSI (email@example.com). After receiving the eligibility confirmation email, the candidate is responsible for contacting PSI to schedule their appointment.
- Approval for paper and pencil exams will be sent directly from ISCD.
Candidates will be notified in writing with a pass/fail score within four to six weeks following the date of the examination. No results will be provided by telephone, fax, or email. Scores are released ONLY to the individual candidate.apply now