The content is designed for healthcare providers with an interest in skeletal health assessment, including specialists, generalists and technologists working in family medicine, general and internal medicine, endocrinology, rheumatology, obstetrics/gynecology, radiology, pediatrics, physical and occupational therapy, nuclear medicine and research.
Overall Course Objectives:
- Identify the most appropriate and reproducible sites for densitometry in children and adolescents.
- Outline the corrections in DXA measurements that should be made when acquiring assessments in children and adolescents.
- Describe the uses of measurement tools for acquiring bone densitometry assessments including DXA, as well as those other than DXA.
- Summarize the elements that should be included in a DXA report for a child or adolescent.
- Recognize issues that arise in children with chronic disease(s) that many times arise in the skeletal assessment.
- Definition of Osteoporosis in Children
- Bone Deficits in Children with Chronic Disease
- Peripheral Measurements
- Summary Q&A
The International Society for Clinical Densitometry is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to offer continuing medical education for physicians.
ACCME Credit Designation:
The International Society for Clinical Densitometry designates AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for this educational activity. Specific credit amounts are indicated in the event listing. Physicians should only claim credits commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ASRT Credit Designation:
Category A continuing education credits for this are submitted for approval by ASRT. Specific credit amounts are indicated in the event listing once approved.
It is recommended, but not required, that registrants attend the Osteoporosis Essentials/Quality Bone Densitometry Course (Clinician or Technologist) prior to attending the Pediatric Bone Densitometry course.
Information regarding ISCD’s policies including policy on commercial support and conflict of interest, disability compliance and course specific refund/cancellation policies, please click here.
Specific course policies can also be found in the information about the course you have registered for in our ISCD Learning Center.
Interested in offering this course Internationally?
If you are interested in offering this ISCD course internationally, please submit an Interest Form.