The content is designed for healthcare providers responsible for reading and interpreting DXA scans, including specialists and generalists working in family medicine, general and internal medicine, rheumatology, endocrinology, obstetrics/gynecology, radiology, nuclear medicine, physical and occupational therapy, and research. The course is also appropriate for technologists.
Overall Course Objectives:
As a result of this course, learners will be better prepared to:
- Summarize best-practice methods utilized to recognize vertebral fractures on lateral spine images.
- Describe non-fracture abnormalities that may appear on a spine image.
- Identify characteristics of high quality densitometric lateral spine images.
- Identify the appropriate complementary technologies to complete vertebral fracture assessment.
- Cite indications for VFA as stated in the 2015 ISCD Official Positions.
- Introduction to Vertebral Fracture Assessment (VFA)
- Diagnosis of Vertebral Fracture on Lateral Spine Images; technical aspects and interpretation
- Spine Imaging Modalities other than VFA and VFA Reporting
- Case Study Review and Workshop
The International Society for Clinical Densitometry is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to offer continuing medical education for physicians.
ACCME Credit Designation:
The International Society for Clinical Densitometry designates AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for this educational activity. Specific credit amounts are indicated in the event listing. Physicians should only claim credits commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ASRT Credit Designation:
Category A continuing education credits for this are submitted for approval by ASRT. Specific credit amounts are indicated in the event listing once approved.
It is recommended, but not required, that registrants attend the Osteoporosis Essentials/Quality Bone Densitometry Course (Clinician or Technologist) prior to attending the VFA course.
Information regarding ISCD’s policies including policy on commercial support and conflict of interest, disability compliance and course specific refund/cancellation policies, please click here.
Specific course policies can also be found in the information about the course you have registered for in our ISCD Learning Center.
Interested in offering this course Internationally?
If you are interested in offering this ISCD course internationally, please submit an Interest Form.