We are commited to improving the quality of diagnosis, treatment and care provided to patients by promoting excellence in the field of bone densitometry.
What We Do
We are the leading membership organization for professionals working to assess, monitor and treat skeletal health.
- We provide continuing education and certification to physicians and technologists in the medical community that have an interest in the field of bone densitometry. View our current course offerings.
- We address the latest issues and advancements in densitometry and communicate them to our members through our communications and publications. View the Journal of Clinical Densitometry.
- We are impacting quality densitometry and osteoporosis treatment in over 25 countries, from Australia to Uruguay — connecting researchers, technologists, physicians, and others with an interest in the field.
- We partner with other organizations to deliver the most impactful information to our members.
Who We Are
Founded in 1993, ISCD helps more than 2,700 members deliver quality skeletal health assessments and treatments.
- We are a true multidisciplinary organization. Our members represent a variety of medical specialties, academic disciplines and professional positions.
- The ISCD Board of Director members are leaders in the field of densitometry and osteoporosis—top practitioners, technologists and researchers who serve to help grow and lead the industry. View our current Board of Directors.
- ISCD hosts dozens of committees that provide the opportunity for members to engage in our work and impact the field of densitometry. Learn more about our committees.
We welcome all medical disciplines and individuals interested in promoting quality densitometry to join with us.
Today, with our aging population it is more important than ever to stay on top of the issues of assessment and treatment of osteoporosis. We invite you to join our vibrant network of professionals! Learn more about our membership packages and join today.