Appendix A: Conflict of Interest and Confidentiality Statement
As a member of the ISCD Certification Council, I agree to abide by the following:
- Serve the Association as a whole rather than any special interest group or constituency
- Maintain independence and objectivity and do what a sense of fairness, ethics and personal integrity dictate even though not necessarily obligated to do so by law, regulation or custom
- Avoid any activity, investment, interest or association which interferes with (or appears to interfere with) the independent exercise of judgment when dealing with third parties, making recommendations with respect to such dealings, or passing judgement on such dealings
- Perform the responsibilities of this position solely on the basis of what is in the best interest of the Association and wholly free from influence of personal consideration or relationship
- Disclose any possible conflicts to the ISCD Board of Directors in a timely fashion.
I also agree to the following statements while serving on ISCD’s credentialing committees and subcommittees. Maintain confidentially of the examination sections of the ISCD qualification process including (1) establishing criteria and guidelines (2) constructing, editing and evaluating examination materials and (3) reviewing examination and portfolios submitted as the standardized measurement of the ISCD credential.
I also agree that for a period of two years upon completion of term on the Certification Council, I will not instruct or advise others regarding the CCD, CBDT examinations. In addition, I will not publish materials regarding the examinations including conducting review or preparatory courses.
- I will maintain the confidentiality of the examination and portfolio materials (questions, criteria, graphics, problems, statistical analysis, narratives, scores, etc.), which I write, and/orreview.
- I will not reproduce, divulge or disseminate any portion of the examination materials.
- I will not retain in any form a copy or copies of the examination or portfolio materials referred to in this agreement.
During the time that I serve on the Certification Council or any of its sub-committees, I realize that I will gain access to information that is considered to be confidential and/or proprietary. Since confidential and proprietary information is crucial to the operation of the ISCD, and because the ISCD, in some instances has the obligation to protect such information, I agree that I will not use, publish or disclose such information during or subsequent to my volunteer engagement, and that I will preserve the restricted
nature of this information except to the extent that it becomes publicly available, or is otherwise lawfully obtained outside the scope of this agreement from third parties.
Additionally, I realize that I have an obligation to disclose and eliminate (if necessary) any potential or actual duality of interest or conflict of interest.
Impartiality Regarding Training Policy:
The ISCD’s role is in developing and administering certification examinations to determine the qualifications of candidates for
certification. The ISCD does not approve, endorse, or recommend any education or training programs or products designed or intended to prepare candidates for certification.
The ISCD, certification staff members, certification council members, and certification subject matter experts will not:
- Develop or deliver educational or training content, such as review courses or study guides,
designed or intended to prepare individuals to take ISCD certification examinations;
- Participate in the development or determination of educational standards, guidelines, or curriculum; and/or
- Approve, accredit, endorse, or recommend educational or training programs designed or intended to prepare individuals for certification.
The ISCD, certification staff members, certification council members, and certification subject matter experts with access to confidential examination content shall not be eligible to take the
certification examination for initial certification or recertification until two years after service or employment.
The ISCD, certification staff members, certification council members, and certification subject matter experts with access to confidential examination will not participate in the development or
delivery of any educational or training program designed or intended to prepare individuals to take the certification examinations offered by ISCD during their service or employment and for at least two years afterward.
ISCD’s Certification Council who participate in creating and/or reviewing content for the examinations, including serving as item writers and/or item reviewers, may be subject to additional restrictions as established in the policy manual.