Aims of Panels: The Panels will have as their principle aims: (taken from the Regional Panel Policy)
3.1 Supporting development of regional meetings of the ISCD, including educational courses, that may be stand-alone meetings or held in conjunction with national or international meetings in the region.
3.2 Facilitating communication of national and regional issues to the ISCD.
3.3 Dealing with regional professional issues related to development and practice of skeletal health assessment.
3.4 Assisting in increasing ISCD membership in that region.
3.5 Representing the interests of ISCD members in the region to the ISCD.
3.6 Advocacy to support access to bone densitometry and osteoporosis care.
To support our Regional Panels in achieving their goals, the ISCD Board of Directors has allocated funds for each regional panel to apply for a grant of up to 5,000 USD for use between January 1 and December 31, 2023.
All grant requests must be submitted via the online submission form one week before an Executive Committee Meeting for approval. Decisions regarding funding requests will be communicated to the Chair of the Regional Panel the day after an Executive Committee meeting. Approved funds must be expended with receipts submitted by December 31. All third-party expenses will be reimbursed with the submission of receipts and an ISCD reimbursement form.
Request Submission Deadlines:
The deadline for submissions is one week prior to the executive committee meeting. Below are the executive committee meetings scheduled for the remainder of 2023.
- July 20 – Deadline: July 13
- August 17 – Deadline: August 10
- September 21 – Deadline: September 14
- October 19 – Deadline: October 12
- November 16 – Deadline: November 9
- December 7 – Deadline: November 30
Suggested uses for funding:
- Hosting ISCD Courses in your region, native language(s) and time zone(s)
- ISCD Paper and Pencil Certification Exam proctored by ISCD Staff (Requires minimum 4 months lead time)
- Funding members to attend ISCD’s Annual Meeting or other ISCD in person or virtual courses
- Funding for an ISCD Key Opinion Leader to present at a regional meeting